- Boilers By Type
- Hot Water Boilers
- Steam Boilers
- Biomass Boilers
- Combination & Waste Heat Boilers
- Packaged Boiler Houses
- Energy Efficient Boilers
- Unity – Advanced Boiler Control System
- Buying Options
- Boilers by Sector
- Case Studies
- Kelham Island Museum
- Timothy Taylor’s: REVISITED
- Byworth Boiler Hire Helps to Keep The Country’s Hospitals In Good Health
- GLW Feeds – Saving 25% on their running costs
- Jura Whisky – Discover How Distillery Uses Steam and Reduces Running Costs
- Dairy company, First Milk partners with Byworth to increase plant efficiency
- Long Term Boiler Hire Pays Dividends For Specialist Feed Mill
- Distillery Reduces Running Costs
- The Isle of Jura – In A World Of It’s Own
- Unity Boiler House Control – A Customer’s Perspective
- Helping York Brewery Keep the Beer Flowing
- Unity – Intelligent Boiler House Control
- Copper Dragon Brewery
Yorkshireman Steam Boilers
Well proven across the world, the Yorkshireman is preferred by engineers
The Yorkshireman is a traditional three pass wetback shell steam boiler, and is ideal for heavy continuous workload.
Well proven over many years across the world, the Yorkshireman boiler is preferred by engineers across many industries including Food & Drink, Pharmaceutical and Chemical processing.
• 100mg NOX on gas
• 200mg NOX on light oil
in line with the expected requirements of the upcoming UK implementation of the Medium Combustion Plant Directive legislation
Aware that running costs are of paramount importance to steam users, in 2007 Byworth embarked on a 2 year Research and Development Project in conjunction with Leeds University. The brief was, by rigorous testing, to ascertain and prove the optimum configuration of shell, furnace, and tubes for maximum boiler efficiency and low emissions.
The project almost came to an early close when on testing the existing Byworth Yorkshireman range of boilers, it was found that efficiency results for this range were actually higher than previously claimed and better than similar boilers available! The generously sized shell and furnace design proved to generate best quality dry steam with low emissions and so has been retained in the Yorkshireman2.
The most exciting feature of the Yorkshireman2 boiler range is the revolutionary X-ID boiler tubes. With special helical internal ribs, this tube gives a significant 80% increased heat transfer over normal tube. This increase in heat transfer gives the Yorkshireman2 an efficiency figure of around 92.3% (NCV). Moreover, when compared to running costs of older existing boiler plant, fuel savings could be as much as 20%.
This boiler range incorporates many energy saving features including the unique X-ID boiler tube, making the Yorkshireman2 probably the most energy efficient steam boiler available today.
- Model: Yorkshireman and Yorkshireman2
- Boiler type: Traditional three pass wetback shell steam boiler
- Fire tube passes: 2
- Output: 1000 kg/hr up to 18000 kg/hr
- Working pressure: 7, 10, 13, 17 and 20 bar g, (other pressures by special design)
- Typical efficiency: up to 92% (based on nett calorific value)
- Fuel type: Liquid, solid, gaseous fuels or biomass
- Manufacturing Standards: EN 12953, CE marked, European Pressure Equipment Directive compliant. Certified by Lloyds register.
- Country of manufacture: United Kingdom.
- Boiler package: All Byworth boilers are sold fully packaged with high quality mountings, and a choice of burners from leading manufacturers fully fitted and wired. A ladder and gantry system is included as standard on all boilers rated from 2500 kgs/hour
- High performance X-ID firetubes in Yorkshireman2
- Enhanced shell insulation features on Yorkshireman2
- High performance ceramic fireside insulation
- Combustion management system
- Inverter driven burner fan *
- Inverter driven feedwater pumps *
- Internal economisers where suitable *