blowdown tanks to suit.
All steam boilers must be regularly blown down to reduce the concentration of suspended and dissolved solids in the boiler water.
As this waste is under pressure and at extreme temperature there must be a safe means of storage and cooling (to below 43 degrees C) before discharging to general drainage. The HSE’s BG03 gives full details of safety requirements for blowdown vessels.
As boiler manufacturers, Byworth apply the same exacting standards to their blowdown tank range as they do to their boilers. Designed and built to PD5500, the blowdown vessels are inspected by Lloyds register during manufacture, and are available either from stock or individually built.
The standard range of blow down vessels sizes cover boiler outputs from 250 to 18000 kgs/hour. For larger outputs, Byworth can design and manufacture blowdown tanks to suit.
- Designed and built to PD5500
- Fully compliant with HSE PM60
- Built to exacting standards by skilled engineers
- Compact design
- Small footprint without compromising volume
- Connections can be positioned to suit individual installations
- Hammer paint finish for indoor or outdoor use
- Easy inspection access with elliptical door
- Cooling system available
- Mating flanges supplied loose for easy connection
- Optional stainless steel vent head to handle flash steam
Model Capacity BT0 44 litre BT1 178 litre BT2 325 litre BT3 503 litre BT4 889 litre BT5 1563 litre