The course will emphasise the importance of thorough steam system risk assessments and how to conduct them, including scenarios of typical potential risks, how to reduce these and document all observations and recommended improvements.
The course will employ a number of established risk assessment techniques such as:
• Risk assessment checklists
• What if?
• Layer of Protection Analysis.
All of the above will be directly applied to scenarios within the boilerhouse and also the steam system.
Key elements of the course:
• Hazards associated with steam and steam boilers.
• The application of the design process to risk reduction.
• The importance and application of understanding risk when specifying safety critical systems.
• Identification and mitigation of contingent risks.
• Examples of incidents and accidents and how they might have been avoided by the application of risk assessment and risk
• Systems of work from a risk perspective.
• The appropriate use of risk assessment.
• Appropriate types of risk assessment.
• Fault finding and troubleshooting.
• Good practice in the design and operation of steam systems and steam boilers.
Certificate of attendance issued upon course completion.